Recently I checked in on Hyder's PawSox blog. The Thanksgiving post inspired me! I am going to rip off... Wait, use? Steal? I think the word I'm looking for is 'plagiarize'.
Let's talk to it!
1. "I’m thankful that Jacoby Ellsbury finished second in the A.L. MVP voting. Well deserved." Sure.
2. "I’m thankful that it is still 3 months before pitchers and catchers report to Fort Myers for Spring Training." I suppose when baseball is your job and you work like every day, you need this time off. I'm talking about myself.
3. "I’m thankful that the fiasco that was the September of 2011 is fading into the sunset." Hyder is referring to PitcherGate. Which was one of the most pointless and stupid stories in a long time. You know what else I'm glad to see fade into the sunset? MOCKINGBIRDS.
4. "I am thankful for the Theo Epstein/Terry Francona years." Word to that! Sure, I faded out toward the end, but Theo was the guy responsible for Mike Remlinger and JT Snow!
5. "I’m thankful for the Jonathan Papelbon era in Boston." Rhode Island Day, 2005.
6. "I am thankful for the New England Patriots." Football is boring.
7. "I am thankful that there are three NFL games on Turkey Day." (ibid.)
8. "I am thankful for the 2011 season we enjoyed with the PawSox." Rich Hill and Ryan Kalish, gone too soon. Good season, though, except for JC Linares' injury.
9. "Last but not least, I am thankful for my family and friends." No one in my family ever reads this, so they can go to heck.
You know, this all seemed more exciting when I thought of it last night.
Tommy Hottovy and Drew Sutton are gone. Sutton sure could hit some doubles. I am thankful for that.