Pawtucket WINS! 2-1
David Pauley, starter. 'Throws With Right Hand' is his Cherokee name. Six and 1/3 innings of one-run ball and did not walk a soul. Also pitching: Breslow, Martinez, Hughes, ITO.
Righty Joel Hanrahan started for the Clippers. He is from Des Moines! He only pitched three innings. Why? As far as I can tell, he is rehabbing, but it took a little digging to figure that out. That sort of information might be useful on the Clippers' website, but I guess they don't think so.
Not much going on offensively, but Joe McExcellent and Ed Rogers provided the RBI. Ellsbury stole a base. Pfft. One-trick pony.
Brandon Watson scored the only run for Columbus when D. Pauley made an error of some sort. What did he do? What happened? I wasn't there, please tell me.
1. I wasn't there last night or the night before and I can't go tonight or tomorrow. I will try and make it Thursday night for the last Clippers game and also because it is Sports Bottle Night.
2. Craig Breslow's groin was sore. But he's back now, he's okay. He will be happy to answer any and all questions about his groin.
3. Guess who's a Clipper? Jermaine Van Buren and George Lombard and Anastacio Martinez! YES.
4. Run-scoring Clipper Brandon Watson is looking to break Columbus' all-time hit streak. How can you not root for this guy? I love him already! I hope he gets a hit tonight. If he gets hits through Sunday, he's done it.
5. I just now realized that in the International League, the National League affiliates do not use a DH. So when Pawtucket goes and plays the Ottawa Phillies or whatever, the pitcher hits. I think. I'm beyond annoyed that I do not know this.
6. Okay, I think I have it. The DH is used in the International League EXCEPT when both teams are NL affiliates. Right?
The Eastern League uses the DH only when both clubs' parent are NL. Don't know about the IL, because I've only attended AL-parented clubs, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same.
Post a Comment