Iron Pigs trample Pawtucket 13-3
Lefty starter Kris Johnson couldn't get out of the third inning. Johnson gave up 8 runs on 9 hits in 2 1/3 innings.
McBeth, Cherry, and George were to follow. McBeth allowed one run, and George and Cherry two apiece.
Justin Lehr got the start for Lehigh Valley. Lehr let a lot of Red Sox get on base with his eight hits and two walks in six, but in the end Pawtucket only managed to score three runs during his pitching tenure.
GOOD NIGHT NOW:
1. McBeth balked, threw a wild pitch, and gave up a home run to big old Andy Tracy.
2. Carter, Ochoa, and Maldonado each hit a double. Carter and Maldonado had an RBI apiece. Danielson chipped in for the third RBI.
3. The Iron Pigs hit seven doubles! Hotshot John Mayberry had three hits, including two 2-run doubles.
4. PS: The Iron Pigs scored more runs than they ever have in their two-years of existing. They must have been happy. I'm so glad.
5. Mike Cervenak's home run was allegedly majestic and powerful and record-setting. Yeah, but Cervenak constantly puts the milk back in the fridge with like, one sip left.
6. Corasletti's back, Daeges is on the DL with some ankle thing, Carter's back, and Iggy Suarez finally burst from the shackles of double-A. Robert Coello was sent down to extended ST. Van Every's in Boston with Jeff Bailey. Doug Mirabelli still doesn't have a job. Taya didn't deserve to win.
Tonight! Kyle Kendrick vs the shaky lately Charlie Zink. Zink's currently 0-2 with a 6.97 ERA. He needs to work it out tonight... or ELSE.