Durham eats it again, 4-3. But damn, they have fans.
Enrique Gonzalez did an awesome Edgar Martinez impression, going 5 1/3 innings and giving up three runs on five hits. He walked two and struck out 8 (whoa!).
Javier Lopez and his 7.04 are back! Lopez pitched a scoreless inning. Hunter Jones pitched the rest of it. Nothing too exciting, here.
Carlos Hernandez started for the Bulls and he gave up all four Red Sox runs. Hernandez also issued six walks, which didn't help. Hernandez walked leadoff guy Jeff Bailey in the fifth. Freddie Guzman singled, Aaron Bates walked. Good night, Irene. Jorge DePaula came in and faced the Mighty Maldonado, who hit a two-run single. And then Travis Denker hit an RBI single to top it all off.
Sounded like a fun night at the park. I will go there someday.
central so essential:
1. Former Red Sox great Chad Bradford pitched in this game.
2. Travis Denker: two hits, two walks. BAT HIM LEADOFF! Try it, you'll like it!
3. Aaron Bates is a beast. I love him.
4. Rhyne Hughes hit a triple! I love triples.
5. Carlos Maldonado caught two runners stealing.
6. Gonzalez also had a wild pitch and a balk. He's also from Venezuela. LIKE EDGAR MARTINEZ.
7. Last year, the PawSox were unstoppable. This year, less so. And yet, there were people I hated last year and this year I don't hate anyone. It's nice.
Hope to see you soon.