Pawtucket Red Sox lefty reliever Chris George was born in 1998, more or less, since that was when he was picked first by the Kansas City Royals in the amateur draft. His life prior to that day is of no consequence.
CG was in the PCL for the most part until 2008, when he wound up on the Syracuse Chiefs after being released by the Rockies. He's spent ten seasons in triple-A. From 2001-2004, George started 44 games for Kansas City.
Chris George is not exactly all over the internet, so I don't have much. But I like making lists because they are simple and I am a simpleton.
1. Chris George honeymooned in Puerto Rico so he could play baseball and make his wife, Brandi, cry while she watched him pitch.
2. Chris George was a gold-medal winning member of the US Olympic Baseball Team in 2000. So he's buds with Mientkiewicz?
3. Was offered Rice scholarship but skipped it to sign with the Royals.
4. CG received a signing bonus of $1,162,500.
5. Went to the same high school as David Murphy. Possibly at the same time. I wonder if they knew each other? I wonder if they ever high-fived each other? Do you ever dream of me? Do you ever see the letters that I write?
That's all I have time for. I'm still not 100% sure I could pick Chris George out of a lineup. I'll do my best to fix that problem.