May 23rd 2009 - PawSox, Scrankees.
How come Bowden pitched only two innings? Was he called up or something? So he gave up four runs... who cares? This is so stupid. He's thrown more than 58 pitches before.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre exploded again and Pawtucket just lay around like a used condom. Shelley Duncan hit two home runs, which brings his season total up to 14.
The Yankees cranked out seven doubles as well. Tea Leone and Juan Miranda had two apiece.
Marcus McBeth, Billy Traber, and Rocky Cherry each pitched two innings. Only Cherry did not allow a run. Hunter Jones took care of inning nine, giving up yet another run.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre starter Casey Fossum pitched six very good innings. One run on three hits. Four strikeouts! Fossum!
on the bright side:
1. Gil Velazquez hit his first home run.
2. And Hunter Jones is back.
3. Van Every was ejected in the seventh. He was the last batter in the sixth and struck out looking. Safe to assume he bitched about the call?
4. Good article here.
5. I didn't have to witness this game in person.
6. Dusty Brown went 0-4 with 2 K's. Carter was 0-4 with one K.
The triple-A Yankees can seriously mash. They are a great team. It's easy to see why they are in first place in their division. Pawtucket is a lumber-free zone and they don't stand a chance tomorrow. OKAY??? It's too bad triple-A isn't like the majors, else there'd be rumors of bat acquisition.
The Mighty Enrique Gonzalez will oppose Kei Igawa tomorrow at 6. Then nothing more. Until June 2nd... LOUISVILLE!!!