1. Pee-Wee Herman lookalike Lou Merloni has been collected by the Oakland A's. I now like the Oakland A's a little less. He'll be in the minors, so I guess that's okay.
2. Hated fathead Karim Garcia, who did not appreciate it in 2003, was signed to a minor league contract by the Phillies. I may boo him when the Lynx come to Pawtucket.
3. The Mets have a new bullpen hottie. I mean lefty. Scott Schoeneweis for 3 years at $10.8m.
4. Former Boston/Pawtucket ineffective pitcher Jason Johnson is in the aeroplane over the sea to Japan to play for the Seibu Lions.
5. Javy Lopez is thrilled to have been picked up by the Colorado Rockies. He has always wanted to play for such a great organization and is excited to be part of a contending team. The Rockies were high on his list of teams he thought just might need a guy like him.
6. 2005 Pawtucket Red Sox team member Luis "Figgy" Figueroa will be in the Giants organization in 2007.