Portland WINS! 12-6
RHP Chris Smith v. LHP Ricky Romero
Smith pitched six innings and gave up four runs on eight hits. He walked one and struck out five. Lefty Andrew Dobies pitched the seventh and kept the FC's from scoring, but Kyle Jackson in the eighth gave up a two-run homer to Juan Peralta.
Mike James pitched the ninth without further muss.
Ricky Romero struggled v. Portland. He only lasted 2 2/3 innings, giving up eight runs (only five earned...thank Klosterman for that.) Seth Overbey pitched for 2 1/3, but his contribution was not as nice as Sean Stidfole's three innings of scorelessness. Tracy Thorpe tried to keep the game close in the ninth, but after getting two outs he seemed to lose the strike zone and gave up four runs. Jesse Carlosn helpfully got the last out in the ninth, but it was too late. Half the stadium had departed.
Portland first baseman Aaron Bates smashed a three run homer in the first inning. It was earth shattering. Bates had 5 RBI in all, driving the ladies wild. Chad Spann (!) had a pair of doubles going 3-5 and made some nice defensive plays (!!).
For NH, Dustin Majewski, Eric Kratz, and Juan Peralta all homered. Peralta ended up going 3-4.
1. Chad Spann looks so much more comfortable in AA. If I didn't know better, I'd be like, hey, this kid's GOT it!
2. My third and final trip to Manchester this year. It's great to be able to see the Sea Dogs without the long drive to Maine.
3. Nomar Bobble Night! Yes, it's Nomar as a Trenton Thunder. Do you want mine?
4. WTF is that stupid song they've been playing at the park lately with the bass line and the guy singing through a telephone? It's much worse than that deaf guy song. Yet not as bad as "Cotton Eye Joe".
5. Instead of paying 10-15 to park, I parked on the street and paid 3-4 quarters into a meter.
6. Former PawSox employee and gadabout Darryl Jaspers now works at this ill-sponsored park. He is a Director of Relations and Customer Satisficationizing.
7. Manchester is hosting the Eastern League All-Star Game in 2008. I don't know how they're going to de-stink the river for the occasion.
8. I give the concessions at the park a 5 out of 10.
9. I saw Jon Lester before the game. I don't yet understand why he is with Portland as opposed to Pawtucket.
Okay, see you later. I'm not getting cute today, as I suspect my PC has a virus.
Post a Comment