Charlotte takes game one of the series, 6-3. Losing pitcher was Adam Mills. Righty Jeffrey Marquez got the win for the Knights. And you should check out his roster shot. Is he throwing shade or is he just really high?
Charlotte got eight hits off Mills, including a pair of solo home runs by outfielder Josh Kroeger and first baseman Dayan Viciedo. None of the Red Sox pitchers walked anybody, so that was good. Charlotte as a team doesn't walk much anyway (11th out of 14 teams in walks).
Remember Andrew Dobies? Well, he's in the White Sox org now. But you knew that. Dobies got two outs then walked the bases loaded in the seventh. And here's a shock: Manager Chris Chambliss yanked him in favor of righty Greg Aquino to face the right-handed Angel Sanchez. STUFF LIKE THIS NEVER HAPPENS IN PAWTUCKET. Why couldn't I live in Buffalo or something where the games more closely resemble REAL COMPETITIVE BALL GAMES and not AFL crap?
Anyway, you know Angel Sanchez can usually make something happen at the plate, but in this instance he grounded out. And the Knights went on to score one more run off Fernando Cabrera in the eighth.
other boring stuff:
1. Josh Reddick doubled and hit a solo home run. Lars Anderson went 0-4 with two strikeouts.
2. Angel Sanchez and Tug Hulett were each credited with an error. I was evidently not Sanchez' night.
3. Dustin Richardson pitched an inning and a third of scoreless relief. Richardson struck out a pair of batters during his venture. He also smells like cupcakes.
4. Poor Dayan Viciedo. People must think his name is "Diane".
5. Brent Lillibridge is still hanging out in the IL. He led off and played shortstop last night. He also loves it when people call him "Littlebridge".
Tonight! Boof Bonser and Matt Zaleski. You Will Be Happy.
Post a Comment